Sunday, September 18, 2016

Location Independence - Day 9

Depending on what time zone and industry that I am going to be in, my daily routine would vary. For ease of reference, I would choose Bali, Indonesia and day trader as my reference points for today’s challenge. Bali is in the GMT+8 time zone. I would only do my trading in New York Stock Exchange which is GMT-5.

Since the time difference between Bali and NYC is 13 hours. My work week starts at 10 pm Monday night in Bali and ends at 6 am on Saturday. Sleep time is approximately 7 hours per day from 7 am to 2 pm (Bali time, GMT-5). I would have my only meal of the day at 3 pm. Exercise for an hour after the meal. Around 5 pm, I would read, watch videos, play computer games or run errands for a couple hours. Then I would start trading at 10 pm. Hence, a typical day would not be much different from having a job working for a boss who is based in NYC and telecommuting is allowed.

Day trips, shopping, and visiting museums/art gallery can happen on the modified weekends. I do not have to set aside time for doing chores such as laundry and housecleaning because these services are readily available in Bali.



No comments:

Post a Comment